Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BookCrossing: The Gammage Cup

On July 8 I biked from home in Coquitlam to Granville Island in Vancouver to meet my mom and brother and bro's girlfriend. Our meeting point was the Trans Canada Trail display that is near False Creek Community Centre, and the plan was to then bike to my place along said trail. However, an unfortunate mishap occurred and the bike ride back was made by just my mom and me. She did amazingly well, especially considering it was - at that point - the hottest day of the year, and we were biking during the hottest part of the day. I did manage to release three books at the display, and two of them were caught within 24 hours! The first one -for The Gammage Cup - hit my inbox at 11:55 p.m. that same day, 12 and a half hours after the release (so please ignore the July 9 date-stamp on the catch's entry; it should read July 8). The catch:
Hello! I captured this book at about 1:20 on July 8, 2010 at the bridge by False Creek Racing Canoe Club on my way to dragon boat. Where will you go next little book?

No comments: