Thursday, November 25, 2010

BookCrossing: The Highest Tide

My beautiful wife got a catch recently. She released The Highest Tide on July 30, 2007, and a journal entry arrived in her inbox on October 3, 2010. I'll save you the math and tell you that the book was in the wild for 1,162 days. Well done, SmellyBelly! Less than two weeks earlier I had received a catch for Social Things which had been in the wild for 1,108 days. She beat me, dammit! But that's okay, because just one week after her record-setting catch was when I received a journal entry for In the Green Star's Glow, which clocked in at 1,163 days - I beat her by a day!

Anyway, this post was supposed to be about my babe and her obliteration of her previous release-to-catch length of 340 days (but my competitive side took over). From less than a year to over three years! Congrats, Biscotti! And the catcher's journal entry is great - here it is:
Love this book! My friend Karen gave it to me last summer - and I'm enjoying it now as my late Summer read. She studied Marine Biology, as did I: and passed it onto me as a kindred marine loving spirit. I work at the Aquarium, and am loving the gorgeous analogies that Miles makes about the weird and wonderful animals he collects and discovers in his Bay. Great easy, lovely read. Not ready to part with it just yet!

No comments: